Monday, May 9, 2016

Why I didn't go to Gatsby's Funeral..

The main reasons why I didn't return Nick's phone calls or went to Gatsby's funeral was primarily because of Tom. Ever since Tom found out about the affair I was having with Gatsby, he had become very controlling and protective over me. Although Tom was being extremely controlling, we weren't even in town at the time of his funeral. Well, we were on our way out. To be honest, if it would have been up to me, I would have been at the funeral, with Nick. Jay deserved something better, but since he took the blame for what I had done to Myrtle, everyone turned on him. I couldn't bring myself to realize how selfish I was in letting him do that for me.

4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. He took the blame of you hitting Myrtle and you are not even going to come to his funeral. The fact that I called you and heard you had left makes me sick. I was the only one at his funeral and I am beyond disappointed. This man loved you and I know that you loved him very much. I indeed still love you because you are my cousin but the fact that he took the blame for the accident with Myrtle, even thought I know it was you, and you can not even come to his funeral.
    -Nick

    ReplyDelete
  3. Daisy, it really does hurt me that you did not show up at my funeral. After everything we had been through, the least you could have done was attend my funeral and pay your respects. I was the one that took the blame for you hitting Myrtle, and I happened to pay the ultimate price. However, I do not regret it at all, because I did it for you. I did everything I could to make you happy and be worthy of your love, yet it seems as though none of it truly mattered to you. I understand what a terrible person Tom was and how he treated you, but that should not have stopped you from saying goodbye.
    -Gatsby

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete