Thursday, May 5, 2016

What I was thinking when Nick mentioned Gatsby for the First Time...

When Nick came over, he was talking to Jordan about living in West Egg. Jordan mentioned how she had once been to West Egg for a party, Jay Gatsby's party. Nick mentioned how he is actually neighbors with Mr. Gatsby and has seen his extravagant parties. When I heard this, I immediately thought of our past memories we have had together. He was truly the love of my life. I kept thinking about what it would be like to be back with him, to be in a happy and committed relationship, unlike the one I have with Tom. I kept thinking about the relationship we had before he had to go off to war. Gatsby treated me like no other person I had ever been with, and I can't help but think what my life would be like now if he had come back for the war for me. Just thinking about Gatsby made me go into a fantasy world. The way he treated me was like a fairy tale. I couldn't help but think about what my life would have been like if I married him instead of Tom. Jay Gatsby was one of a kind.

No comments:

Post a Comment