Monday, May 9, 2016
What I was thinking when I heard that Gatsby had died...
When I heard the terrible news that Gatsby was killed, I immediately blamed myself. Finding out that George Wilson was the one who killed him made me feel even worse. All I could really think about was the fact that the person who really understood me was gone. I would never get him back. I couldn't help but think all of this was my fault. Gatsby died, because he took the blame for what I had done to Myrtle. All of the memories Gatsby and I had together started to pour into my mind. I started to think about the extravagant day he had planned for me the morning we had tea together at Nick's house. I had lost something that can never be replaced. I lost a love that was pure and real, because I was selfish and let him take the blame for what I had done. I don't think I will ever forgive myself for what I had done, and I know I will never forget my true love, Jay Gatsby.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Daisy,
ReplyDeleteLook my Daisy. I understand that it's tough. But he was a real bastard and you should be in love with me. Now that he is sadly gone, we can be together again. I never did like that Gatsby. Although you may have not meant to hit Myrtle, Gatsby should have made you stop. He was so immature in that situation and he did the wrong thing. His arrogance and money and obsession with you must've gotten to his head. But never let it get to your head that he is a better man than me. You must be with me. And now he is gone. So be back in love with me Gatsby, I tell you, it's what's best for you.
Sincerely,
Tom Buchanan